Skip to content

If you are outsourcing services and have a number of staff who will be subject to Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE), you will need to consider obligations regarding the affected employees’ pension rights.

This will also apply to any schools moving away from the local authority and converting to an academy and/or joining a Multi-academy trust (MAT) or moving to another MAT.

Please see LGPS arrangements for academies for more information.

Please do not submit any leaver forms as this will complicate the process – instead please complete the staff data capture spreadsheet with a list of the staff involved and send it to with details of the proposed new employer and transfer date.

For those employers transferring a service or admitted bodies ceasing a contract, we will also require the TUPE transfer mid-year return spreadsheet to be completed for all active members involved in the transfer to ensure their CARE pension records are correct on the transfer date.

You may find it useful to share the guide for new employers with the interested contractors to help them understand the roles and responsibilities that come with being an employer within the Devon County Council or Somerset County Council Pension Funds.

Below are draft admission agreements for information:

Supported by